We have fulfilled all of the requirements of the NSW Government to be recognised as a COVID-safe business
(last updated Wed 13 January, 2021)
It’s no secret that the COVID-19 coronavirus has rocked the world as we know it. Many of you are probably wondering whether it’s safe to come in for appointments, and what we’re doing to mitigate the risk.
The notice at the bottom of this page – “COVID-19 | What are we doing to ameliorate the risk?” – was posted as soon as the pandemic hit. Nothing on this notice has changed.
The bullet points below are in addition to those listed in the notice and are updated regularly as things change.
From Jan 2021:
- You will see our team members wearing face masks in the reception area and when walking around the clinic. It is not a requirement for us to do so, nor is it a requirement for you to wear a face mask when you come into the clinic, however we have identified this as a way that we can help keep our team and the community safe. You may certainly wear a mask when you arrive and throughout your treatment session if you like.
- PILATES & OTHER SMALL GROUP CLASSES – we will not be recommencing these until the beginning of school term at the earliest. We have not been required to cease these classes, but we are aware that if the current outbreak worsens the first thing to be shut down will be small group classes such as these. We are therefore waiting to see what happens with the current climate before recommencing classes. It is too much of a burden on our resources to schedule classes and take bookings, only to be required to cancel them if things take a turn for the worse. We trust you will understand our position on this one. Trust us – we can’t wait to start classes again!
Other news from previous updates, still currently applicable:
- Chiro & Physio services continue to operate as normal, as they have throughout the whole time.
- Massage is running as normal. At the start of the pandemic outbreak we decided to temporarily suspend our remedial massage service. However, in line with ongoing recommendations and a decrease in new cases at the time, we started this service back up again in June.
- Our studio is back open with a maximum of 6 people per class plus an instructor, in keeping in line with the 4 square metre rule and being able to keep 1.5m distancing. We’re still delivering online Pilates & Functional Stability classes via Zoom video conferencing, and we launched ‘Pinnacle Digital‘ in May. This provides online access to stream or download a range of classes.
- We’ve introduced ‘telehealth’ appointments – ie. appointments via video link so you can discuss your condition, talk through recommendations with a therapist and review exercises etc. This will be most useful for those undergoing physio treatment, particularly in the rehab & exercise phase of your care
- We’ve introduced a videolink workstation ergonomic setup appointment type, for those of you who want one of our expert practitioners to assess your computer setup and get it set correctly for you (particularly useful if you’re working from home during this time)
- We’re continuing to keep patients spaced out in the appointment book so there’s less face-to-face contact time with other people at the clinic
Below is the notice we put out at the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, which still stands today.
The advice seems to be changing on a daily basis, but for now we’re open and it’s business as usual!
Keep checking back for updates as they come in, but until then we look forward to seeing you here and continuing to look after you!