If there’s ever a time in your life when your body undergoes huge changes in a short space of time, it’s during pregnancy. Bouncing back to your pre-baby body can be hard – both physically and emotionally.
Pinnacle’s very own postnatal Pilates & wellness programme is designed by our physiotherapist (and mum of 4) Naomi, and is specifically tailored for those in the 6 weeks to 12 months period after bub has arrived. It is intentionally designed to cater for bringing your bub with you so you don’t need to arrange care for the little one.
The programme is designed as an 8 week course, with each week encompassing a combination of Pilates, mindfulness and an educational session on a topic pertinent to this stage of life. A typical class looks as follows:
- 35 mins of postnatal Pilates
- 5-10 mins of mindfulness & focus time
- 10-15 mins of education on 8 different postnatal topics, covering one each week (eg. abdominal separation, good postures & tips for feeding & bathing, incorporating exercise into your daily routine, etc.)
When is it run?
The classes currently run at 10am on Wednesdays. One-on-one appointments for pre-assessment available around the class on Wednesday mornings. We are looking to add more classes as demand increases.
You don’t need to start at “week 1”, as the 8 educational sessions at the end will just cycle around and you can start at any point. You just need clearance from your obstetrician or GP, and the initial assessment with Naomi prior to commencing the classes.
What does it cost?
- One-on-one pre-screening with physiotherapist (20 min): $50 (health fund rebates apply as an initial physiotherapy consultation)
- Pay per week: $30/session (see discounted price in the launch special below)
- Pay for 8 week programme up-front: $216 (10% discount). 11 week expiry so you’ve got a few spare weeks in reserve
- Classes (whether paid per week or up-front) eligible for health fund rebates as ‘physiotherapy group therapy’ sessions
- “Can I bring my baby along with me?” – Definitely! The class is designed around having your baby with you. Not a lot of the exercises are specifically done with your baby, but there is plenty of room for them to sleep/play/have tummy time on a mat or in a bouncer next to you.
- “Do you have room for prams?” – Yes, there is ramp access and ample room for pram parking in our studio. If we should have an influx of prams there’s always plenty of parking space at the clinic, which is just 2 doors down from the studio.
- “Do I need to bring my own bouncer etc?” – Yes. We are limited in storage space so we can’t keep equipment such as bouncers, mobiles, play-mats etc at the studio. Bringing your own also ensures the best standard of hygiene & health for your bub.
- “Do I need to do the assessment with the physio first, or is that just a recommendation?” – In order to claim a benefit from your health fund for classes, you must first complete a one-on-one assessment in which the physio will assess your condition, make a diagnosis and set specific goals with you. Even if you’re not in a health fund, we need to assess you first to make sure you’re ready to start Pilates-based exercises and won’t injure yourself. It’s for your peace of mind and safety as much as it’s for our insurance requirements!
- “What happens if I pay up front for the 8 week course and miss a week or two?” – You can take 11 weeks to complete your 8 sessions, so you’ve got 3 weeks in reserve if you can’t make it to any classes. The Pilates component of the class will be similar (but varying) from week to week, however the teaching/education component is different each week. If you miss a specific topic and want to return to do that class, you will just need to book that particular week as a one-off when it comes back around again.
Need more info?
Give us a call on 9743 2311, or email email@example.com with your queries, and we’ll get back to you as quickly as we possibly can.
~ LAUNCH SPECIAL! ~
To celebrate the launch of our Postnatal Pilates & Wellness programme, for the remainder of 2019 each class is reduced to just $25 (normally $30). Health fund rebates apply, typically covering at least half of that cost. Please note there is no further 10% discount for paying up-front with this opening special.