Get your back working for you, not against you.
Our signature BackFit Programme is a tailored 4-week strengthening & rehab course designed to improve the way your back works.
Designed by our physio & chiro teams, the programme is evidence-based & progressive. It guides you through each step of getting your spinal movements to be more precise, controlled & stronger.
Who is BackFit for?
Everyone from the serious athlete to the everyday punter, young or old, male or female. If you experience any of the following, then BackFit is for you:
- Pain or stiffness with everyday activities
- Discomfort when sitting for long periods
- Recurrent back issues that “just never seem to go away”
- Pain after a gym session, or back weakness during one
- Athletic performance that is anything less than 100% due to back pain or stiffness
- Ongoing lower back issues such as disc injuries, facet joint pain or sacroiliac joint instability
- 2 x 30 min sessions per week for 4 weeks
- Session 1: one-on-one session to do exercises under the guidance of one of our physios (can be booked at any time a physio is available for treatment)
- Session 2: small group session (max 5 ppl), led by a physio in our studio (at pre-defined times throughout the week)
- Each week exercises progress and movements become more targeted to core areas
- Reassessment session at completion of 4 week programme
One-on-one sessions can be booked at any time that a physio is available for appointments, Monday to Saturday. Group sessions are currently scheduled on Tuesdays @ 2pm, Wednesdays @ 6:30pm and Saturdays @ 10:30am. You just need to choose one of those times each week for the 4 week programme. If those class times don’t suit you, please let us know! Because it’s a new programme we’re open to feedback on available times and we’re happy to add more classes as demand comes up.
All sessions eligible for health fund rebates under physiotherapy cover
- One-on-one sessions claimed as standard physiotherapy consultation & treatment (Item number 505)
- Group sessions claimed as physiotherapy group therapy session (Item number 560)
Please note that an itemised receipt will be provided at the completion of the programme which can then be used for health fund rebates. Up-front payment (either in full or first of 2 instalments) required at commencement of programme. We cannot use HICAPS for health fund rebates for this programme, as it is a prepaid programme
Unfortunately we are unable to offer refunds or credits for unused sessions in the programme.
Why would I do BackFit rather than just Pilates & see a physio?
There’s no doubt that you’ll get benefit from seeing a physio and doing Pilates. The benefit of the BackFit programme is the personalised one-on-one approach involved at each step of the way, as well as the targeted progressions across the 4 weeks. Pilates is great (which is why we run it here as well), but the BackFit programme is a very deliberate 4-week approach that takes you from the very basics of core activation through to more advanced functional movements and strengthening exercises. Many of the movements in the programme aren’t ones that you would find in a Pilates class.
Plus, doing the programme as a package saves you a whole lot of money! Because of the nature of the programme’s design, and because we want to make this accessible to as many people as possible, we’ve been able to discount the cost heavily compared to if you did each element individually.
What if I’ve never been to the clinic before?
If you’re not an existing patient of the clinic, you must complete an initial physio or chiro consultation prior to commencing BackFit. We need to be certain that your back is ready to handle the challenges that this programme will throw at it.
If you have been to our clinic before, but you’re not sure whether you’re ready to start this programme, book a standard consultation with your physio or chiro. This will allow them to assess you and give you advice on whether you’re ready to embark on the BackFit programme or not.
If you’re currently experiencing any sort of back pain or have a current injury, you’ll be best to undergo some treatment first to alleviate the problem, then progress to the BackFit programme as the rehab stage of your care.
How do I book in?
If you need to book a consultation with a physio or chiro prior to commencing the BackFit Programme, CLICK HERE to do so online.
If you’re ready to go and you want to book your first BackFit session, click the button below: